* Procept Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., named to its board of directors Mark Rogers, senior vice president of corporate development and chief technical officer at Perkin-Elmer Corp., and Elliot Vernon, chairman, president and CEO of Healthcare Imaging Services Inc.
* Ontogen Corp., of San Diego, named Michael Newman director of biology.
* Calydon Inc., of Menlo Park, Calif., named Ann Lowe vice president of clinical and regulatory affairs and Christine Gray-Smith vice president of finance and chief financial officer.
* Calypte Biomedical Corp., of Berkeley, Calif., named Chairman William Boeger president and CEO and David Collins, former executive with Johnson & Johnson and Schering-Plough Corp., vice chairman. In other appointments, Paul Freiman, former chairman and CEO of Syntax, was named to the board and John DiPietro was named chief operating officer.
* OSI Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Uniondale, N.Y., named CEO Gary Frashier chairman and Edwin Gee chairman emeritus.
* ClinTrials Research Inc., of Nashville, Tenn., named to its board Roscoe Robinson, former CEO of Duke University Hospitals and former vice chancellor for health affairs at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. The company also named William Shaw president of its Europe and Asia Pacific operations.
* Vascular Therapeutics Inc., of Mountain View, Calif., named Vartan Ghazarossian executive vice president.
* Tularik Inc., of South San Francisco, named John McLaughlin president and Andrew Perlman vice president of medical research and corporate development.
* Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., named to its board of directors Elaine Ullian, president and CEO of Boston Medical Center.
* Biovail Corp. International, of Toronto, made the following appointments: Bob Podrunzy, president and COO; Kenneth Howling, vice president of finance and chief financial officer; and Rolf Reininghaus, president of Crystaal Corp., a Biovail subsidiary.
* Hyal Pharmaceutical Corp., of Mississauga, Ontario, named to its board of directors Zenas Noon, president of Noon Associates.
* GeneMedicine Inc., of The Woodlands, Texas, named Norman Hardman senior vice president and chief operating officer.
* Point Biomedical Corp., of San Carlos, Calif., named to its board of directors Jane Shaw, former president and chief operating officer of Alza Corp.
* American Biogenetic Sciences Inc., of Boston, named Stephen Ip president.
* Biotechnology Industry Organization named Nancy Bradish director of federal government relations.
* IBAH Inc., of Blue Bell, Pa., named David Jackson head of global corporate research and development and Leonard Stigliano president of US CRO.
* Progenitor Inc., of Menlo Park, Calif., named Lawrence Cohen chief operating officer, Randall Schatzman vice president of cell and molecular biology and Roger Wolff vice president of genetics.