* ClinTrials Research Inc., of Nashville, named the following: Kimberly Halaburka, senior director for clinical monitoring; Neil Frazer, senior director for medical and regulatory affairs; William Colman, vice president for client/vendor contracts; and Wayne Brenckman, consulting oncologist and hematologist.
* CoCensys Inc., of Irvine, Calif., named Ramzi Najm vice president for information technology and Janet Randolph vice president for human resources.
* CombiChem Inc., of San Diego, appointed to the board of directors Arthur Reidel, who is co-founder, president, CEO and chairman of Palo Alto, Calif.-based Pharsight Inc.
* CV Therapeutics Inc., of Palo Alto, Calif., appointed the following: Brent Blackburn, vice president for development research; Cynthia Clark, general counsel; and Richard Lawn, vice president for discovery research.
* CytRx Corp., of Atlanta, named Michael Grindel vice president for drug development and Marty Emanuele vice president for research and business development.
* Dynavax Technologies Corp., of La Jolla, Calif., named Joseph Eiden vice president for research and development.
* Gene Logic Inc., of Columbia, Md., named Victor Markowitz vice president for bioinformatics systems.
* Genzyme Corp., of Cambridge, Mass., named Mara Aspinall president of the Genzyme Pharmaceuticals business unit and James Ollington senior vice president for operations.
* Human Genome Sciences Inc., of Rockville, Md., named Gardiner Smith director of business development.
* Medinox Inc., of San Diego, appointed Norman Orida vice president for operations and business development.
* Millennium Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., appointed Clare Midgley vice president for corporate communications.
* NetGenics Inc., of Cleveland, Ohio, named Keith Coleman chief financial officer.
* Quintiles Transnational Corp., of Research Triangle Park, N.C., named Ralph Harkins senior director of biometrics and data management.
* Rhone Poulenc Rorer Inc., of Collegeville, Pa., named Thierry Soursac senior vice president for RPR research and general manager of RPR Gencell.
* Roche Bioscience, of Palo Alto, Calif., named Nancy Cohen vice president for legal affairs. Roche Bioscience is a division of Roche Holding Ltd., of Basel, Switzerland.
* Vascular Therapeutics Inc., of Mountain View, Calif., named Michael Sterns vice president for business development.