• Andrew Baker has been named VP of business development for EPI-Q (Oak Brook, Illinois). Baker will be based in the new East Coast office in Harrison, New York. EPI-Q is a management consulting firm.
• Medidata Solutions (New York), reported expansion of its senior management team with the appointments of Barton Cobert as VP of global regulatory initiatives and Pharmacovigilance, Frances Nolan as VP of global quality assurance, and Tony Hewer as senior director of global quality assurance for EMEA. Cobert most recently was global head of drug safety and pharmacovigilance at Novartis’ consumer health division. Nolan joined Medidata in December 2006 as senior director of quality assurance and was promoted to VP of global quality assurance in April 2007. Hewer previously was senior IT manager at Pfizer. Medidata makes electronic clinical data capture, management and reporting products.
• Robert Presutti was named VP of sales and marketing for Milestone Scientific (Livingston, New Jersey). The company also reported that Thomas Ronca has left his post as president and COO. Presutti previously was director of professional sales at Optiva/Philips Healthcare. Milestone specializes in injection technologies.
• Gary Carter, president/CEO of the New Jersey Hospital Association (Princeton, New Jersey), said that he will retire in June 2008. Before coming to New Jersey in 1993, Carter was president of the New Hampshire Hospital Association for eight years.
• Daniel Darazsdi has been named CFO of PPD (Wilmington, North Carolina), effective Oct. 1
Darazsdi comes to PPD after 25 years with Honeywell International, where he was most recently VP and CFO of transformation and operations. PPD is a contract research organization providing discovery, development and post-approval services as well as compound partnering programs.
• Jonathan Friedman has been named general counsel for Sirona (Long Island City, New York). Friedman most recently was chief legal officer and corporate secretary of national medical health card systems. Sirona makes dental equipment.
• Vittorio Casazza was named general manager of the Itallian subsidiary of SpineVision (Paris). Casazza was previously business director at Wright Medical Italy. SpineVision specializes in motion preservation and fusion devices to spine specialists.