- AngioDynamics (Queensbury, New York) reported that its board of directors has elected Vincent Bucci as its chairman. Bucci joined the AngioDynamics board in January 2007 when AngioDynamics acquired RITA Medical Systems.
Additionally, the company reported the promotion of Willliam Applint from VP of research to senior VP of research and development. AngioDynamics manufactures devices used by interventional radiologists and surgeons for the minimally invasive treatment of cancer and peripheral vascular disease.
- Michael Kramer has been named CFO of ATS Medical (Minneapolis). Kramer had served as the company's acting CFO since February 2007. Since September 2006 and until his appointment as acting CFO, Kramer served as the company's senior director of finance. ATS Medical provides products and services focused on cardiac surgery.
- Scott Cramer was named VP of sales for Bacchus Vascular (Santa Clara, California). Cramer most recently served as senior VP of U.S. sales and account services for VNUS Medical Technologies. Bacchus Vascular makes medical devices used by interventional radiologists and surgeons for the minimally invasive treatment of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and other peripheral vascular disease.
- Henry Scaramelli was named VP of finance and CFO of Datascope (Montvale, New Jersey). Scaramelli has been VP and acting CFO since April, when then-CFO Scott Kantor resigned. Scaramelli has been a financial executive at Datascope for 17 years. Datascope makes products for clinical health care markets in anesthesiology, cardiovascular and vascular surgery.
- Joseph Rafferty was named VP of sales for Pathway Medical Technologies (Kirkland, Washington). Rafferty previously held senior sales and marketing management positions at companies like ACS/Guidant. Additiionally, Path reported that it hired John Yaholkovsky as its new VP of manufacturing. Yaholkovsky was previously senior director of operations for Applied Precision. Pathway makes devices to treat arterial disease.
- David Pellone has been named VP of finance and CFO for World Heart (Oakland, California). Pallone previously was CFO of Condor Power Supplies. World Heart makes mechanical circulatory support systems.