• Darrell West is being promoted to VP of finance and CFO of Computer Programs and Systems (Mobile, Alabama), effective Nov. 1. West is currently the company's controller. West will be replacing Stephen Walker, who is retiring from the company.
• Jeffrey Nelson was promoted to president/CEO of Diversified Clinical Services (Jacksonville, Florida). Jim Henry, the company's CEO since 1997, will transition to the role of vice chairman of the board. Diversified Clinical Services is a wound care company collaborating with hospitals to establish and manage comprehensive outpatient wound care programs.
• Stanley Vashovsky was named CEO/chairman of Health Systems Solutions (Tampa, Florida). Previously, Vashovsky served as a VP supporting Philips medical systems group. Health Systems Solutions makes management information and business intelligence information technology systems.
• Randy Thomas has joined the Premier (Charlotte, North Carolina) healthcare alliance as VP of integrated product management and marketing. Previously, Thomas was an associate partner with the global business services division of IBM. Premier operates the nation's largest healthcare purchasing network.
• Joseph Solari was named managing director of acquisitions of Ventas (Louisville, Kentucky). Also, Christian Cummings was promoted to VP of asset management.
Prior to joining Ventas, Solari was a director in the healthcare corporate finance group of Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin. Ventas is a healthcare real estate investment trust.
• Anthony Cherichella was named CFO and principal accounting officer of Vyteris (Fair Lawn, New Jersey). Most recently, Cherichella was CFO and acting president for Cardinal Health's healthcare marketing services unit. Vyteris specializes in transdermal drug delivery (iontophoresis) technology.