* Aastrom Biosciences Inc., of Ann Arbor, Mich., wasissued U.S. patent No. 5,459,069 covering devicetechnology that enables the growth and production ofhuman stem cells outside the body.
* GenPharm International, of Mountain View, Calif., saidU.S. patent No. 5,464,764 covering gene targetingtechnology based on homologous recombination inmouse embryonic stem cells was issued.
* Somatix Therapy Corp., of Alameda, Calif., said U.S.patent No. 5,460,959 covering genetically modifiedfibroblasts was granted.
* Trimeris Inc., of Research Triangle Park, N.C., wasawarded a U.S. patent for Pentafuside and relatedcompounds, which are selective HIV inhibitors.
* Xoma Corp., of Berkeley, Calif., said it will be issuedtwo U.S. patents regarding BPI-related diagnostic assays,and one patent related to recombinant production ofThaumatin, a low-calorie protein.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.