A Medical Device Daily
Medtronic (Minneapolis) reported a series of organizational and leadership changes.
Michael DeMane, COO, has informed the company that he has decided to leave to pursue other opportunities. Effective immediately, Medtronic's global business unit presidents will report to President/CEO Bill Hawkins.
Hawkins in turn reported the following changes to provide focus on growth, globalization, operating leverage, and innovation.
• Jean-Luc Butel has been named senior VP and president of Medtronic International.
• James Dallas has been named senior VP of quality and operations.
• Katie Szyman, formerly VP of Medtronic Endovascular, was named senior VP of a newly formed strategy and development group that combines Medtronic's corporate strategy, business development, corporate ventures, and science and technology functions.
• Steve LaNeve, formerly president of Medtronic Japan, was named senior VP and president of Medtronic's spinal and biologics business, replacing Pete Wehrly, who is leaving the company.
• Bob Blankemeyer, VP/GM of Medtronic ENT/NT, assumes additional responsibility for Medtronic Navigation.
• Steve Mahle was named executive VP of healthcare policy and regulatory.