A Medical Device Daily
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC; Washington) has named six senior staff members with experience in the private sector, in the public interest community, in academia, and in government.
• Richard Feinstein, who was named director of the Bureau of Competition, is rejoining the agency from a partnership at Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP, where he focused on antitrust litigation and counseling.
• David Vladeck, named director of the Bureau of Consumer Protection, has been a professor of law at Georgetown University Law Center.
• Joseph Farrell, who was named Director of the Bureau of Economics, has been a Professor of Economics at the University of California, Berkeley.
• Susan DeSanti, who will be director of policy planning, joins the FTC from Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal, where her practice has focused on antitrust counseling and litigation in a variety of industries.
• Jeanne Bumpus, who was re-appointed as director of the Office of Congressional Relations, has served in that position since June 2006.
• Joni Lupovitz, who will serve as chief of staff to the FTC chairman, joined the agency in 1999 as an attorney in the Bureau of Consumer Protection's Division of Enforcement and was promoted to assistant director for enforcement the following year.
"We're delighted to attract such a talented and creative group of people," FTC Chairman Jon Leibowitz said. "Their leadership and expertise will help ensure that the commission's work on behalf of American consumers will continue to be effective. We're very fortunate."