* Advanced Corneal Systems Inc., of Irvine, Calif., named Raymond Kong director of clinical education.
* Advanced Tissue Sciences Inc., of La Jolla, Calif., named Charles Anderson vice president of quality.
* AlphaGene Inc., of Woburn, Mass., appointed to its board of directors John Zabriskie, chairman, CEO and president of NEN Life Science Products, and Steven Hochberg, partner and managing director of ProMed Management.
* AltaRex Corp., of Waltham, Mass., appointed Edward Fitzgerald chief financial officer and senior vice president, investor relations.
* Anika Therapeutics Inc., of Woburn, Mass., named Scott Bruder vice president of research and development.
* Amarillo Biosciences Inc., of Amarillo, Texas, named Philip Fox director of research and development.
* Aphton Corp., of Miami, named Douglas Eayrs, vice president and chief financial information officer, and Theo de Roij vice president of business and product development.
* Argonaut Technologies, of San Carlos, Calif., named Mark Schwartz vice president of marketing and business development
* The Automation Partnership Inc., of Cambridge, U.K., appointed Ali Alumadi product manger for genomics.
* Avax Technologies Inc., of Kansas City, Mo., named Judith Hemberger senior vice president of business development.
* Axiom Biotechnologies Inc., of San Diego, named Stephen Eisold CEO.
* Biogen Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., named Michael Kelly controller.
* BioMira Inc., of Edmonton, Alberta, named to its board of directors John Zabriskie, chairman, president and CEO of NEN Life Science Products Inc.
* Caliper Technologies Corp., of Palo Alto, Calif., appointed to its board of directors Regis McKenna, chairman of The McKenna Group.
* Cellomics Inc., of Pittsburgh, Pa., named Kavi Kapur director of CellChip Development; David Jung, senior CellChip scientist; and Longguang Cao, CelllChip scientist.
* Chemical Computing Group Inc., of Montreal, named to its scientific board Jurgen Bajorath, director of computational chemistry & informatics at MDS Panlabs Inc., of Seattle; Gordon Crippen, professor at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor; and Eric Martin, associate director of computational chemistry at Chiron Corp., of Emeryville, Calif.
* Chiron Corp., of Emeryville, Calif., named Rajen Dalal president of its blood-screening business.
* ChromaVision Medical Systems Inc., of San Juan Capistrano, Calif., added to its board of directors Thomas Testman, retired managing partner at Ernst & Young LLP.
* Circe Biomedical Inc., of Lexington, Mass., appointed Christopher Stevens director of medical affairs.
* CoCensys Inc., of Irvine, Calif., named Beth Schiling vice president, corporate business development, and Del Tagg director of regulatory affairs and quality assurance. Robert Holmen, general counsel, added vice president to his title.
* The Collaborative Group Ltd., of Stony Brook, N.Y., named Susan Dexter vice president of business development, and Vishva Rai vice president of operations of its affiliate, the Collaborative BioAlliance.
* Cortech Inc., of Denver, named to its board of directors Paul Koether, chairman and president of Kent Financial Services Inc.; James Bicksler, professor of economics and finance at Rutgers University; John Galuchie, a certified public accountant: and Mark Jaindl, president and CEO of the American Bank of Lehigh Valley.
* Coulter Pharmaceutical Inc., of Palo Alto, Calif., named Geoffrey Yarranton vice president, research.
* CV Therapeutics Inc., of Palo Alto, Calif., named Luiz Belardinelli executive director, pharmacological sciences.
* Cyberonics Inc., of Houston, named Pamela Westbrook vice president, finance and administration, and chief financial officer.
* Deltagen Inc., of San Carlos, Calif., named to its board of directors Vicente Anido, president and CEO of CombiChem Inc., and Nicholas Simon, vice president of business and corporate development at Genentech Inc.
* Emisphere Technologies Inc., of Tarrytown, N.Y., elected to its board of directors Robert Levenson, executive vice president of First Data Corp.