* Amylin Pharmaceuticals Inc., of San Diego, hired Richard Haugenas president and CEO and named him to the board. Howard (Ted)Greene Jr. will remain as chairman of the board and chairman of theexecutive committee.
* Celgene Corp., of Warren, N.J., named Bruce Williams as vicepresident of sales and marketing.
* Genentech Inc., of South San Francisco, appointed David Roche tosenior vice president of sales and marketing and Judy Heyboer tosenior vice president of human resources.
* Hyseq Inc., of Sunnyvale, Calif., hired Douglas Lane as vicepresident, corporate development.
* Magainin Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Plymouth Meeting, Pa.,appointed Jay Moorin, president and CEO, to the additional post ofchairman and Michael Zasloff, executive vice president, to theadditional post of vice chairman.
* Mercator Genetics Inc., of Menlo Park, Calif., hired MontgomeryMars as vice president of business development.
* Myriad Genetics Laboratories Inc., of Salt Lake City, appointedThomas Frank as medical director and vice president of education.
* Ontogeny Inc., of Cambridge, Mass., appointed Doros Platika aspresident and CEO, promoted Thomas Ingolia to chief operatingofficer, and appointed George Eldridge as vice president, finance.
* Somtatix Therapy Corp., of Alameda, Calif., appointed InderVerma to its board of directors. He is chairman of the faculty at TheSalk Institute, co-director of the institute's Laboratory of Geneticsand founder of Somatix's scientific advisory board.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.