* Bio-Technology General Corp., of Iselin, N.J., said itshuman growth hormone, Zomacton, was launched in theU.K., France, Spain and Denmark. It already is being soldelsewhere in Europe and around the world.
* CV Therapeutics Inc., of Palo Alto, Calif., began aPhase I study of CVT-124, a selective adenosine A1-receptor antagonist being developed for renal and cardiacdiseases.
* Matrix Pharmaceutical Inc., of Menlo Park, Calif.,completed negotiations for the purchase of a 67,000-square-foot research and manufacturing facility and anadjacent 3.8-acre lot in San Diego.
* T Cell Sciences Inc., of Needham, Mass., closed on a$6.4 million private placement of 2.55 million shares.The shares were sold to private and institutionalinvestors.
* Texas Biotechnology Corp., of Houston, started itssecond Phase III study of Novastan for heparin-inducedthrombocytopenia and thrombosis syndrome. It's arandomized, double-blind 300-patient trial comparing thedrug to ancrod, an anti-thrombotic.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.