* Terrapin Technologies Inc., of South San Francisco,said Clifford Orent assumed responsibilities as chiefexecutive officer. Former CEO Reinaldo Gomezcontinues as an officer and director.
* Applied Immune Sciences Inc., of Santa Clara, Calif.,appointed Christopher Kaufman and Craig Huffaker to itsboard of directors. Kaufman is a partner in a law firm.Huffaker formerly was chief financial officer of AppliedImmune Sciences.
* La Jolla Pharmaceutical Co., of San Diego, promotedSteven Engle to the new position of president-CEO.Former chairman-CEO Joseph Stemler will remainchairman.
* Myco Pharmaceuticals Inc., of Cambridge, Mass.,appointed Alan Crane to the new position of executivedirector, business development.
* Ostex International Inc., of Seattle, said Robert Glaserjoined its board of directors. He is senior vice president,marketing, for Whitehouse Station, N.J.-based Merck &Co.'s Human Health Division. Also, Kumar Shahini washired as director of marketing.
* PerSeptive Biosystems Inc., of Framingham, Mass.,said Thomas Ruane joined the company as senior vicepresident and chief financial officer.
* Protein Design Labs Inc., of Mountain View, Calif.,elected Mark Young vice president, technical operations.
* Scios Nova Inc., of Mountain View, Calif., electedSamuel Armacost to its board of directors. He is aprincipal of Weiss Peck & Greer LLC, of San Francisco.
* Signal Pharmaceuticals Inc., of San Diego, appointedCarl Bobkoski as executive vice president.
* Terrapin Technologies Inc., of South San Francisco,said Clifford Orent assumed responsibilities as CEO. Hemost recently was president and chief operating officer ofInSite Vision Inc., of Alameda, Calif.
* Xenova Group plc, of Slough, England, appointedTrevor Twose to the position of chief financial officerand company secretary. He was the company's director ofcorporate planning and development.
(c) 1997 American Health Consultants. All rights reserved.